Perry Forum
Championship

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Perry Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-06-2018 07:57:51    Onderwerp: Championship Reageren met citaat
ABU DHABI John Stones England Jersey , Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- Following are the results on the second day of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship exhibition tournament on Friday:

Semifinals:

Andy Murray, Britain, bt Rafael Nadal, Spain, 6-2, 6-0

Novak Djokovic, Serbia, bt Stanislas Wawrinka, Switzerland, 6-1, 6-2

The CEO of Top Rank and Chinese icon Zou Shiming's promoter predicted a sparse Chinese fan turnout Saturday night at the Theater at Madison Square Garden. And for the first time in Zou's professional career, the stands he fought in front of weren't filled to the brim with new, yet energetic Chinese boxing fans.

Instead, in a packed house, the majority of the electric crowd was filled with flag-waving Puerto Rican fans supporting Felix Verdejo and Roman "Rocky' Martinez, who co-headlined the championship doubleheader on the eve of the Puerto Rico Day parade.

Fighting at the theater provided Zou's smallest capacity venue to date. But despite the small Chinese turnout, a handful of Chinese flags waved in the stands and chants for Zou got louder and louder after each round.

"The crowd yelled loudly and made me feel like it was a home match and not away," Zou said.

Sparse Chinese presence in crowd at Zou's US debut 33 Sparse Chinese presence in crowd at Zou's US debut 55 66

Giving the millions of Chinese boxing fans watching at home something to cheer about, Zou (8-1, 2 KOs) easily beat 19-year-old Jozsef Ajtai (15-3, 10 KOs) of Hungary in a 10-round unanimous decision.

All the scores for Zou read 100-89.

"My competitor's objective was to stand to the last minute of the fight," Zou said. "He was afraid of the competition."

Sheng Li, CEO of Sports Entertainment Content Activation (SECA) in Shanghai, said Saturday prior to the fight he didn't know how big Zou's fan turnout would be, but predicted approximately 100.

"It will be different with this crowd, but this is what he wants," Sheng said. "At Madison Square Garden, every boxer wants to fight here. He (Zou) has fought in China eight times and now he wants to fight outside of China."

Fighting seven times in Macau at Cotai Arena, Zou sold out the 12,000-15,00-seat venue, and in Shanghai he did the same in his most recent fight on Jan. 31 in an arena that can accommodate about 10,000 fans, according to Sheng.

Zou's win Saturday will boost his stardom in China even more, according to Ye Chen, part of Shenzhen Media Group in China that broadcasted the fight back to Zou's homeland.

Ye said Chinese boxing fans desperately want Zou to win a world title, and with the victory Saturday, Zou will be one step closer.

Ye was one of a handful of Chinese media making the flight from China to attend Zou's bout. The Oriental Morning Post sent a print reporter, LETV in China sent a camera crew, as did CCTV-5.

About 600,000 people watched the fight on LeTV through mobile, desktop and television.

The Chinese media predicted a large viewing audience, mostly on mobile devices due to Zou's fight taking place when it's Sunday morning in China, and the Chinese people work Sunday morning because of a Chinese holiday break Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

"Despite the time, Zou has the most audience for fighters in China," said WeiWei Wu, a member of LeTV. "He is No. 1 for almost all the fans and the last time he fought the audience was over 10,000 at the venue."

Zou's stardom was showcased on season 3 of "Dad, Where Are We Going?" in China. The season aired from July-October 2015.

"The reality show is him taking his son fishing and various activities, and it's the highest-rated reality TV show in China," Arum said.

Zou and his wife, Ying Ying Ren, a presenter on China television, make up one of China's most popular couples. Zou also made a cameo in the Hollywood blockbuster "Transformer 4: Age of Extinction."

"

LONDON, Sept. 15 (Xinhua) -- A Chinese investment group has completed its takeover of English Premier League side West Bromwich Albion, the club announced on Thursday.

""West Bromwich Albion Football Club confirms that the change of control announced in August 2016 has now been completed,"" it was announced at the club's official webstie in a statement.

It said that Jeremy Peace has agreed the sale of West Bromwich Albion Holdings Limited, which owns approximately 88% of the club's parent entity to Yunyi Guokai (Shanghai) Sports Development Limited, a company controlled by Lai Guochuan.

Lai said: ""I'm delighted to complete the acquisition and to become the next steward of the club.""

The 42-year-old added: ""I would like to thank Jeremy Peace for his leadership over the last 15 years and for laying the strong foundations for the next stage of the club's development. I am excited to have the opportunity to support the club's chairman, John Williams, and the team in building the club over the years ahead.""

Peace said: ""It has been a tremendous privilege to lead the Albion. I am proud that 11 of my 15 seasons as chairman have been spent in the Premier League whilst three others brought automatic promotion from the Championship. Guochuan Lai has been a supportive partner during the handover process and we have both done everything possible to move the club forward. Guochuan, John Williams, my board colleagues, our staff and supporters have my very best wishes for the future.""

The sale was agreed on 24 June 2016, subject to certain approval and consent processes both in China and the UK. Following the a. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NBA Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping Wholesale Custom Jerseys Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys From China Wholesale Basketball Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Cheap Hockey Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Perry Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: